Saturday, August 15, 2009

Coupl'a Things XXII

1) Best headline I have seen in years:

"Octomom Nadya Suleman: 'I screwed myself.'"

I guess that is how you get 8 babies all at once.... but still can't quite picture it in my mind...

2) Saw the fine film "Julie and Julia" last weekend. I recommend it to all. Funny, intelligent, interesting, well paced and insightful. Meryl Streep as Julia Child is amazing, she totally captures the unique voice and manners of Child without being a silly parody. The rest of the cast was excellent as well, standing up to, but of course yielding to Streep's incredible presence.

Also starring was a fabulous and rare 1950 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon. Rare even when new; only 420 ever made.

3) Today's adventure in no wheels: Going to the grocery store. Should be interesting.

No comments: