Saturday, October 11, 2008

Another Reason to avoid Micky D's

Mc Donald's caved in to the ultra right wing, religious bigot American Family Association this week and canceled their support and membership in the Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce. AFA gloats that it won a great victory for families.... I guess that means keeping gays out of Micky D's.

Here is a letter I wrote to Mc Donald's. If you have a conscience, boycott them. Better for your health anyway!

"Now that you no longer wish to support my community, I see no reason to spend my money to support your business. I am angry and dismayed at your complete caving in to the anti-gay AFA.

This statement quoted here is quite disappointing since you obviously agreed to use language written by this hate filled organization:

"It is our policy to not be involved in political and social issues. McDonald's remains neutral on same-sex marriage or any 'homosexual agenda' as defined by the American Family Association."

The only "homosexual agenda" of which I am aware is to end ignorant bigotry againsty sexual minorities. I guess McDonald's supports bigotry.

I was a regular breakfast customer at the Mc Donalds at 3741 Broadway in Kansas City, MO. Not anymore, you made it clear you do not want us there."

Sorry Ronald....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good enough reason for me, even though I can't afford to eat there anymore anyway! Every time I've ever walked into one, they have FoxNews playing and I loudly complain to the manager to change the channel to anything but that, just to be an asshole and let other customers know that some'one' doesn't care to be insulted by that insane Murdoch shit while trying to eat.