Monday, October 30, 2006

Light and Dark

Be it hereby declared: I hate Daylight Saving Time changes. I am more sensitive to the old internal clock than I realize. I now go to bed at 10:30 instead of 11:30 or so, and am up at 5AM. And this getting dark at 5pm is for the birds. But them, I am told it does have its uses and advantages that make the annoyance worth the effort.

Since 1966, most of the United States has observed Daylight Saving Time from at 2:00 a.m. on the first Sunday of April to 2:00 a.m. on the last Sunday of October. Beginning in 2007, most of the U.S. will begin Daylight Saving Time at 2:00 a.m. on the second Sunday in March and revert to standard time on the first Sunday in November. This is the best news I have heard in a long time and the only thing GW Bush has ever done right.

We still get extra daylight in the summer which is good but then the dreaded early sundown in the winter is shortened a bit. Supposedly there is a little energy savings to this as well.

As my friend Connie says "Get over it doll face, ASAP." I will dear, next March when the longer summer period goes in effect. Meanwhile it is nap time. Or is it really just 9:16AM instead of 10:16AM? If so, then it is breakfast time..

No comments: