Wednesday, February 08, 2006

It is Official

It's official...the USA is fucked up:

FIRST GRADER SUSPENDED FOR HARASSMENT

No wonder US students don't learn and academically fall behind most of the world. We worry about harassment more than if they learn anything. Good God, I did that when I was 6, as did we all. No wonder the US prisons are full of sex offenders; anymore any sex or talk is an offense. If I were a parent, I would be afraid to talk to my kids about sex. What if they said something to the neighbor kid and he/she said something to his/her parents. And they decided it was wrong and called the cops or Family Service.

We are sexaphobic, thanks to the over influence of Religion and a long Puritan tradition. I do not see much hope for same sex marriage and gay/lesbian rights here as long as sex in general is such an issue.

Someone once said:

"In the great emigration from England in the 1600's, the US got the religious puritans and Australia got the convicts. I think Australia got the better end of the deal"

I have to agree!

No comments: