Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thanksgiving Break

I have racked my brain this PM thinking of something witty, timely, interesting or funny.

I failed.

So, it is time for a blog break. Pato is going to go home for Thanksgiving this week, back to the shell of a town from which I came, Decatur, Il. I didn't want to go and deal with my sister and her whining, but family is family. So since I am gone from Wednesday through Saturday, I'll just let Puggingham Palace rest a week.

Give thanks this week, be with (or tolerate) family and friends. As the tradition started 385 years ago decrees:

"Inasmuch as the great Father has given us this year an abundant harvest of Indian corn, wheat, peas, beans, squashes and garden vegetables and has made the forests to abound with game the sea with fish and clams; and inasmuch as he has protected us, has spared us from pestilence and disease, has granted us freedom to worship God according to the dictates of our own conscience; now I, do proclaim, that all Pilgrims do gather at the meeting house, on the hill, between the hours of 9 and 12 in the day time, on Thursday, November the 29th, of the year of our Lord one thousand six hundred and twenty three, and in the third year since Pilgrims landed on ye Pilgrim Rock there to listen to the pastor and render thanksgiving for all His blessings."

Governor William Bradford's Thanksgiving Proclamation 1623.

Happy Thanksgiving From D and P at Puggingham Palace

No comments: