Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Mardi Gras

Screw Valentine's day. I am waiting for Mardi Gras. Of course for me, I am fat every Tuesday. I have Fat Thursdays and Fridays as well.

I love Mardi Gras, the beads, the colors purple, gold and green, the flamboyant costumes, the fascinating mix of voodoo, Christian symbolism and wild street party, parades, gumbo and king cakes. Halloween, too dark, gloomy and patently silly, pales in comparison to the fun of Mardi Gras. Besides, I do not care for pumpkin or chocolate but adore a good king cake, and my gumbo is renowned all through Kansas City. I kid you not, 3 years in a row "Best Gumbo" in the gumbo contest. No I do not give out my recipe.

Over the next few days, I am going to blog about Mardi Gras, its customs and traditions and my own experiences.

So, wherever you are, Laissez les bon temps rouler!!!

(Let the good times roll)!

No comments: