Saturday, January 13, 2007

Aborted Plans

Well, so much for the proverbial plans of mice and men.... I was supposed to make a flying trip to Dallas today for a party tonight. When I went to Dallas in October to sing with the Turtle Creek Chorale and the Heartland Men's Chorus joint concert, Michael and I stayed with his friend Pat. A feisty and funny lady, she was celebrating her 85th birthday in style at a country club, catered dinner and all.

Everything co operated but the weather. Michael went down Friday and I was going to join him this PM for the 7Pm party. Michael called this AM and told me the party was canceled as Dallas was getting some freezing rain. We had a bit too but I was planning to head out. Southwest Airlines data showed the flight as leaving and arriving on time. Then it was delayed and then finally canceled. Poor Michael, he is stuck there, but he used to live there so I am sure he'll find something to do.

As for me, I am going to relax, not do much and try to get rid of the cough and cold that has been annoying me. Stay in, watch the snow, and vegetate.

Sounds good to me.

No comments: