Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Coupl'a Things XXX

1) Making headlines across the country is a nut case woman from KCMO who trashed the McDonald's up the street from me because she didn't like her hamburger. Hello honey, it is Micky D's... you are not supposed to really like it, just fill your fat gut with it. Anyway, she got ugly, threw a mop bucket of water across the counter and punched out the 3 computer screens on the counter. It was caught on tape, but of course the "no snitch" policy of urban trash (no matter what color or race mind you) means no one has seen or heard a thing.

A friend of mine was robbed at gun point at the very same location a few weeks ago while renting a movie at one of their movie kiosks. No happy meals at that joint!

2)Speaking of movie kiosks, many of which have sprung up everywhere, these usually red boxes have made a huge dent in the movie rental store business. The local Hollywood video closed as did many across the nation causing great consternation among customers and employees. There used to be 3 Blockbuster videos near by, but I think only one is still around. I haven't rented a movie in years (none were worth it) but from the looks of things, I will order off the net and avoid a long drive or getting shot.

3) We are supposed to get some more snow and cold starting this PM. A new bag of icemelt, shovel at ready and a new down coat and I am prepared. What is annoying me is all the whiners going on about the cold and their persistent threat to go to Florida. I never left anything in Florida and frankly some of the whiners can just go and leave me be. Take Ms Micky D basher with you too.

Really, the snow is not that bad. You bundle up, you slow down, you plan ahead (I think that is the main thing, these whiners are used to going somewhere at a moment's notice and hate to be delayed or inconvenienced)and you be careful. Not that big of a deal.

4) I have been using Google Chrome internet browser lately. I used it earlier for a bit and found it plain and too spartan. But with some improvements and tweaks, it is really quite nice. Faster than Firefox and less prone to freezing up. More features work with Chrome than Firefox. I have both and switch back and forth, but if you are up for a change, give it a whirl.

5) Finally HAPPY TWELFTH NIGHT! The end of Christmas and the start of MARDI GRAS!

No comments: