Friday, October 23, 2009

Coupl'a Things XXV

1) It appears that the Britten KC Symphony recording of music by Benjamin Britten has been released on Reference Recordings. When I get a copy to audition, I will post a review. The concert preceding the recording was quite good and with Reference Recordings' audiophile sound, it should be a treat!

2) My new church Country Club Congregational had a pastoral blow up, just a year after I left my old church after a pastor conflict. Sadly, the man I admired and liked as a pastor and friend is leaving. This time I was on the pastor's side, and like last time, I seem to be on the losing side. Church conflicts are some of the nastiest around. This one seems to be too, but information is sketchy.

3) Halloween is approaching, and I will this year continue my long tradition of staying inside, locking my door and ignoring the mayhem. Halloween means only one thing to me, it is that much closer to Mardi Gras!

No comments: