Thursday, July 10, 2008

Meet Isabelle

A quick trip to the garden today led to an unexpected pleasure. As I was watering the squash plants I noticed a nice big, ripe yellow fruit peaking out from the imposing leaves of the plant.

My first squash. This is as important as my first date or my first time driving a car, but slightly behind my first blow-job. All the expense and time buying the plants, planting, watering, weeding, fertilizing and driving back and forth to the garden has begun to pay off.

I was going to leave it but thought it looked big enough and ready so I plucked it from the stem. I was going to fix it tonight, but I had other plans so it looks like tomorrow I'll slice it and grill it lightly on the Jenn-Air. A little butter and it will be ready. YUM!

From the looks of things, in a couple of weeks, I'll be sick of the damn things.

I named her Isabelle:

No comments: